Peace River 8/16

peacefossil

Loaded up and headed out to the peace sunday moring. Got to the first stop around 10am.

The river has been pretty deep this year with no exception this time round. Had quite an adventure getting to the location with no boat or kayak.

Stopped at a small creek and decided to try it out. Pretty decent finds for the conditions. Found some verts, quite a few small teeth, gator tooth, ray plates, etc...

Got that "bigger is better" itch and decided to move spots. Bad move! Rotted tree limbs, fire ants, hills, muck lead to zero finds on the other side.

River is covered in a few feet of decomposing muck that proved to be too much of a challenge for the reward.

Took off to another spot a few miles down the road. Much better river condition, but not too many things to find. Dug for a few hours and left with a disc full.

All in all a good day, now the wait is on for a few more feet drop in the river depth and some good fossilin! Be safe out there plenty of dangers to be cautious of.

post-505-1250532820_thumb.jpg

Sounds like the peace needs a gully washer to clear the gunk. Must be hard to get to the gravel when the waters high. Nice finds.!

Yep, tough to get some gravel right now. Def worth the drive should be getting good soon.

You can google peace river levels and go to the canoeoutpost site. When the depth is around 2ft at Arcadia it is time to go!

I drive 2 hours to get there.

Yep, tough to get some gravel right now. Def worth the drive should be getting good soon.

You can google peace river levels and go to the canoeoutpost site. When the depth is around 2ft at Arcadia it is time to go!

I drive 2 hours to get there.

I'll be on vacation, in our St. Pete Beach condo (assuming the you-know-whats aren't too thick within a few hundred miles ...)