Vertebra from Kem Kem_Spino or crocodile?

Glauco

Hi friends,

Recently  I've received this neural arch from Kem Kem beds. It was identified as Spinosaur vertebra...but I'm not sure on this identification, then I'd like some help....someone who can help me, please? could be really a spinosaur or a crocrodile?

Below follow three photos of the same vertebra

Thanks

Spino.jpg

Edited by Glauco
add a phrase

@LordTrilobite @Troodon

It doesn’t look spino to me but I don’t know much about them.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Doesn't look like Spinosaurid to me. But I would lean towards dinosaurian. Judging from the transverse processes I'd say it might be a dorsal or anterior caudal vertebra.

But we kinda need a side, bottom and front view to properly make any sort of judgement. A scale is also needed.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Not Spinosaurid like others have said.  Additional views MIGHT get you closer to identifying it.

Ok friends, thank you very much for your replies. I'll take others photos to try improve the ID, and will measure the vertebra...

At least it looks like it is from the Kem Kem. 

Looking forward to seeing more pictures. 

Hello, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Yes, it comes with some Spino teeth and rib bones, and many other fossils from Kem Kem and differents parts of Morocco. 

Edited by Glauco

Welcome to TFF ! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library