Possible Maryland Arundel formation find

Calvert Cliff Dweller

Are all those shark verts Miocene?

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

Two of the verts shown are Megs for sure and I have 2 in storage. I’m sure  some of the smaller verts are shark and possibly Megs. We had a lot of juvenile Megs down here zone at 10 and especially down in south county .All verts are Miocene 

• I found this Informative 1

17 minutes ago, Calvert Cliff Dweller said:

Oh yeah that was my first Meg Vert.I found it in the 70s. I have found 4 megs that I know for sure in the last 45 years. 

Awesome! Although statistically I guess that mean I have around ten years before I find my first, but the Han Solo part of me is screaming in my head “Never tell me the odds!”

I saw Jim Erdman a week ago and he had a Shark vert that didn’t have the laminae (I think that’s the word for them but I’m not sure) that was two inches in diameter. That must’ve been some huge Carcharhinus or something! 

I agree with dermal de tickle for the circular thing, though it looks like it’s trying to be a horn coral.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason