Battling The Heat

Cris

I decided last minute today that I was going to run to the creek for a few hours and try to find a few fossils.... I met a very nice couple in the creek that actually recognized me from a picture posted a the forum a long time ago. They frequent the forum but don't post. I'm hoping they read this topic and register.

Anyways, the day started out very slow.... couldn't find the gravel....way too much sand... I spotted a little mako washing out of the bank but couldn't get an in situ shot because my camera batteries were dead.

Here's all the shark teeth....Sad, I know..

post-1553-1250576776_thumb.jpg

After those on my way back out I found an area where a lot of bigger gravel collected....First screen, I saw this horse jaw with 2 teeth sticking out of the screen. A very unexpected find. Anyone that hunts these creeks knows how rare pleistocene material is there.

post-1553-1250576876_thumb.jpg

post-1553-1250576958_thumb.jpg

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Love the jaw frag. The teeth look to have great preservation. I'll second that, that is a rare find!

Nice finds, I love the natural creek/river polish on some of the specimens I have seen come out of Florida.

Cris,looks like you did have a good hunt. I need to get out and hit the creeks soon. B)B)B):) :cool:

It's my bone!!!

Great finds! The most interesting thing to me is to see the bottom of the root sticking out from the jaw fragment. Very cool!

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Cris,looks like you did have a good hunt. I need to get out and hit the creeks soon. B)B)B):) :cool:

I just found your phone # again the other day... We'll have to meet up sometime soon and find some stuff.

great finds cris!! i'll bet it was hot in that creek.

It was horrible..I swear, I could hear the mosquitoes coughing the humidity was so bad.

youtube-logo-png-46031.png