What Are The Odds?

PaleoRon

I was going through some of my archived pics and found this one of three megs that I found on two trips. That is to say that I found each one of these on two separate trips. All three of these teeth are split down the middle. I found the first three half teeth in August. I dove several more times that year hoping to find the missing sections. I usually don't put much effort into finding half teeth, but the largest half was 6 1/4 inches which made it worth the effort. I had no luck in recovering the missing sections so I moved on to other areas. The next year (in June) I was passing through the area so I dropped down to take a look. Along with the other fossils I had found were three half teeth. When I got home I rooted around in my junk box and found the first three pieces. They all matched. It took 10 months, but I finally found the pieces. I rarely find matching pieces of teeth, so this was pretty wierd. The other tooth is nearly three inch mako.

post-210-1203197938_thumb.jpg

I think I would have bought a lottery ticket the day you matched up those halves. That's gotta be million to one odds at best. Congrats

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

hahaha, man you have good luck!

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Amazing. There's a description of a similar but smaller miracle at blackriverfossils. (He obviously didn't expect the Super Bowl miracle.)

Besides fossils,

I collect roadcuts,

Stream beds,

Winter beaches:

Places of pilgrimage.

Jasper Burns, Fossil Dreams

Guest N.AL.hunter

Please, may I rub your head and then go buy a lottery ticket? When you pick a horse for the next Kentucky Derby, post it here! Also post your March Madness picks!