On 5/28/2018 at 9:02 PM, WhodamanHD said:

Even bigger

AD036644-DDE1-4791-87D6-C9DDF2ABAAF8.jpeg

Love the coloring on it. Nice piece.

On 5/26/2018 at 2:43 PM, WhodamanHD said:

Some micro shots:

S20180526_0005.jpg   S20180526_0007.jpg   S20180526_0009.jpg

S20180526_0010.jpg   S20180526_0011.jpg   S20180526_0012.jpg

I have never seen or even heard of tentaculitids before! Love them! I live in the Cretaceous so I never knew they existed. Thanks for helping introduce me to something new.

6 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Wow!:faint:

Nice job, I’ll keep a screen shot of that!

You might get better results if you save the file... I don't know what gadget you're using but for me that's Right click > Save Image As...

8 hours ago, KimTexan said:

Love the coloring on it. Nice piece.

Thanks! 

8 hours ago, KimTexan said:

I have never seen or even heard of tentaculitids before! Love them! I live in the Cretaceous so I never knew they existed. Thanks for helping introduce me to something new.

They are a rather obscure group of creatures and little is known about them and their affinities, but I’ve found them in both the Silurian (these) and the devonian. They always seem to be in groups. I’ve also found them in the lower silurian on New Jersey, there they are large enough to be mistaken for cephalopods! Glad to be able to share them with you! I hope you get the chance to find some!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived