Display stand

Bobby Rico

Hi all

I just made a small display stand for my woolly rhino tooth. It made from wire and an old weighing scales weight.  Turned out nice I think. Thank for looking.

glued

98B638A6-B5EB-4473-8F7B-CBD3305D894C.jpeg

Painted

4C3CA960-9EB5-4315-B24F-7111A7D1F0BD.jpeg

Better pictures tomorrow. 

780C8F25-7E71-4821-8CAF-05706C14F477.jpeg

Fantastic job!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Very nice, Bobby! :)

You do have a creative imagination for your displays. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 minute ago, Bobby Rico said:

it is the Artist in me coming out.

Bobby Ricasso :P

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Looking good and it does not detract from the tooth which IMO is very important.  Glad you still value your ounces :D

Well done display, Bobby! :) 

Thanks for posting this.  

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

24 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Looking good and it does not detract from the tooth which IMO is very important.  Glad you still value your ounces :D

Thank you Frank . I think you hit the nail on  head there. A good stand should just enhance an object but not be a focus point.  A couple of years ago the school I work in had a refit. They stated throwing away lots of vintage stuff cool like posters, old tools, Bell jars, stands . So I used to take them home . Good material to make stuff out of.

made this one last year.

0D4452C1-42DA-4696-8B07-02BD473920EF.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Well done display, Bobby! :) 

Thanks for posting this.  

Thank you Tim. :dinothumb:

Nice display! I like it a lot!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Yes it did turn out well.  Please keep us posted.  DW won't let me get artsy.

Beautiful work! I’ve been trying to find little things like that to make into stands as well. What kind of wire do you use?

7 minutes ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Beautiful work! I’ve been trying to find little things like that to make into stands as well. What kind of wire do you use?

Thank you . I used some sculpture wire and painted it but old copper electrical earth wire would work well too. A really strong glue to hold it in place.   I think you have to get yourself to a carboot sale, to get some vintage weights or the like. Cheers Bobby 

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

snolly50     what do you think? I adapted your design a little, thank you for the inspiration.

I think you have produced unique, yet practically functional designs. The utilization of the old weights is inspired. Their simple form and vintage appearance add to the display without out-shining the fossil. In addition, their natural weightiness make the stands tip-proof.  

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

9 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

I think you have produced unique, yet practically functional designs. The utilization of the old weights is inspired. Their simple form and vintage appearance add to the display without out-shining the fossil. In addition, their natural weightiness make the stands tip-proof.  

Thank you very much @snolly50 . I do really like to upcycle  things by

making new objects. 

I love the little figurines you placed next to the fossils.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

6 hours ago, -Andy- said:

I love the little figurines you placed next to the fossils.

Thanks Andy the models do add a little fun to the display.

2 hours ago, aplomado said:

Has tons of character!

Thank you but it is only 8oz . The stands are very  simperfectic in there design and I also think they display fossil nicely.:D 

Archived