Did You Know

R_Case

Did you guys know that you can zoom in on the maps and click on Hybrid or Satellite and get a great view of the area! You could find new areas to hunt. I use it to cut some of the guess work! Great tool.

"No matter where you go, there you are!"

Yes, it is a great resource. I usually use the Google maps but tap Yahoo, Mapquest and Bing as they sometimes have some different pictures, detail water differently (on the street maps), etc. Bing (formerly Live) maps also has the "Birds Eye View" for some areas, which will get you really detailed aerial photos.

Yes, it is a great resource. I usually use the Google maps but tap Yahoo, Mapquest and Bing as they sometimes have some different pictures, detail water differently (on the street maps), etc. Bing (formerly Live) maps also has the "Birds Eye View" for some areas, which will get you really detailed aerial photos.

Thanks Mike, I've never used Bing before.That is until now!!!!!

Unfortunately most of the satellite images are at least five years old

I know on Bing, some of the ones I have looked at recently are about a year old, I can tell by the horses standing in the pasture. ;):D

Umm have any of you guys tried the locations map on the forum? It has all that and a nexrad radar. as well as topography maps and streams and flood planes.

Umm have any of you guys tried the locations map on the forum? It has all that and a nexrad radar. as well as topography maps and streams and flood planes.

Haha. I thought it was just a simple map... YAHOO! or should i say "FOSSIL FORUM!"

"To do is to be." -Socrates

"People are Stupid." -Wizard's First Rule

"Happiness is a warm Jeep." -Auspex

Did you guys know that you can zoom in on the maps and click on Hybrid or Satellite and get a great view of the area! You could find new areas to hunt. I use it to cut some of the guess work! Great tool.

Microsoft Virutal earth is way better for that they have a great image resolution.