Possible Dinosaur Bones. ID Help.

NicolaiT13

Hello,

I found these 4 bones today. The three on the right were all in fairly close proximity to each other and the bone on the far left was found alone. I am having trouble figuring out if these are modern day bones or dinosaur bones. A few main reasons that lead me to believe they're not modern is the location. I found these at the base of a large hillside within the Hell Creek formation slightly buried in the dirt. This is an area that has produced dinosaur bones in the past. Also it seems to me when I find more modern day bones usually the entire animal itself or other bones can be found nearby (cattle, deer, and etc.). Any ID help would be greatly appreciated also let me know if I need to provide more detailed pictures.

Thanks, Nic 

20180523_151617.jpg

Likely cow or bison.  The double-pulley astragalus looks very artiodactylid to me.  So do the two hoof cores (phalanx III).

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

I have a couple of bison bones from an old buffalo run that were buried in Hell Creek substrate.  It is not uncommon at all for modern bones to be buried in eroded substrate.