Fossilized wood?

EBirck

There are two samples here that may be petrified wood. The first one I have several pictures of and I am not sure about. The second one I only have one or two photos but I am fairly confident, just need validation.

two2.jpg.99eedb4ccfc6dbfeecc1d1495c11645f.jpgone1.jpg.9764ee8f81c18a4aa61da748e9a236f3.jpgone3.jpg.9fb011d2ca6f3360da3d5decb95f6758.jpgone4.jpg.40e1d14da13ee7a5a34dd00d86dae600.jpgone2.jpg.db49d51c8c322dcc09dab4ed1e3d1fb5.jpg

This one is a yes:

~~.jpg

The others (where are they from?) are iffy, IMO.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Both might be pet wood.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

On 5/23/2018 at 6:51 PM, Auspex said:

This one is a yes:

~~.jpg

The others (where are they from?) are iffy, IMO.

These are both from a weathered dry knoll in Northern Central Texas, Northwest Wichita County. Thank you for your reply. I am hunting with my 6 year old daughter, fostering healthy interesting hobbies.

On 5/23/2018 at 7:29 PM, caldigger said:

Tags, Chas, tags!

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what that means. I thought I added some tags?? Should I have added something else?

Thank you, Edward

14 minutes ago, EBirck said:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what that means. I thought I added some tags?? Should I have added something else?

Thank you, Edward

He is chastening me for not paying attention to your tags (which have the info I requested).
It's just hard for me to get used to them.:blush:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Archived