Offerton birthday plant hunting

Haravex

So yeah as the title says decided to go here the day before my birthday to hunt for some plant fossils was good fun only found the one outcrop...umm yeah and thought I would share it with you guys also good piece of advice if you go here bring consolidate with you and wear wellies.

PSX_20180524_003653.jpg

PSX_20180524_003729.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Looks like you had a great pre-birthday trip!  'Wellies'?  I know that the United States and Great Britain are both English-speaking countries but the British versions of the 'slanguage' still provide almost limitless mirth!  ('Wellies' = Wellington boots = rubber boots).

-Joe

• I found this Informative 2

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

4 minutes ago, Fruitbat said:

Looks like you had a great pre-birthday trip!  'Wellies'?  I know that the United States and Great Britain are both English-speaking countries but the British versions of the 'slanguage' still provide almost limitless mirth!  ('Wellies' = Wellington boots = rubber boots).

-Joe

Thanks for the translation.   I do understand chips and beer :D

7 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Thanks for the translation.   I do understand chips and beer :D

Crisps* ....and beer:D

• I found this Informative 3

...I'm back.

Hey thanks I only got around to sorting through all the photographs today of various other things I had taken, but birthday was now nearly a week ago. And yes its crisps not chips :hearty-laugh:

Glad you had some fun on your birthday. 

They do special crisps to go with beer now?

For pubs and about £6 a packet i suppose. 

Still, I love crisps. :wub:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

10 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Glad you had some fun on your birthday. 

They do special crisps to go with beer now?

For pubs and about £6 a packet i suppose. 

Still, I love crisps. :wub:

No I was really hungry and they had stopped serving food the pint and crisps was about a fiver I think, which ironically would be around the same price in morocco given how expensive alcohol is over there :ighappy:

• I found this Informative 1

Just now, Haravex said:

No I was really hungry and they had stopped serving food the pint and crisps was about a fiver I think, which ironically would be around the same price in morocco given how expensive alcohol is over there :ighappy:

True about the alcohol, but crisps are about 8 pence a bag. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

yeah they are cheap like 1 or 2 dirham a bag, that and tined sardines, and bred and you have enough food to last you a few days in the desert :ighappy:

They have the best crisps over there. Here on the other side of the Pond....:rofl:, their rubbish. I have found that while fossil hunting all over the states, the best chips(crisps lol) come from the small privately owned mom and pop stations. Location small manufacturers typically only sell them in those places. Its a nice change....sitting in your camp site(sometimes @Bevcreek site) drinking a good cold one and munching on some fantastic crisps....or inside sharring a bowl of popcorn watching some tele with Bev....lol. Im glad you had a good day out hunting. I look forward to seeing future reports and possibly a few pictures of your finds from today.

Best regards

Paul

...I'm back.

Happy belated birthday!!!  I hope it was wonderful!!!

(nice plants, by the way :))

Happy belated birthday! Looks like it was a fun trip!