Peace River.. running out of days

Shellseeker

11 minutes ago, Peace river rat said:

I'll pass. Black water swift currents, possible bull sharks, alligators and giant turtles aside.

“Californian fossil hunter is severely injured in Florida after being bit by a large Turtle while SCUBA diving for Megalodon teeth”

I can see the newspapers now....

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

If you've heard news stories from Florida, we're famous for that kind of stuff. :blink:

Critters or not, the river is now flowing fast enough that I have no need to be back there till the river is done hiding next season's fossils.

Stay safe out there....

Cheers.

-Ken

12 minutes ago, digit said:

If you've heard news stories from Florida, we're famous for that kind of stuff. :blink:

Critters or not, the river is now flowing fast enough that I have no need to be back there till the river is done hiding next season's fossils.

Stay safe out there....

Cheers.

-Ken

All kinds of BIG animals move in at high water, tarpon, giant gar, bull sharks. Who knows what else? I have seen HUGE whorls on the rivers surface that can only be caused by something massive. When I swim, I don't linger used to jump off this bridge in arcadia, not anymore that was foolish.Image result for pics of the bridge over the peace river in arcadia fl

1 hour ago, Peace river rat said:

I'll pass. Black water swift currents, possible bull sharks, alligators and giant turtles aside.

Green out/ black water I have dealt with, very fast currents I am used to, sharks I have encountered before. However, gators are not on my resume' , nor are giant carnivorous maneating turtles.

20180527_152123.png

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

3 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Green out/ black water I have dealt with, very fast currents I am used to, sharks I have encountered before. However, gators are not on my resume' , nor are giant carnivorous maneating turtles.

20180527_152123.png

I dug a small overflow area near the river, many days this year. There was about a 7 footer that stayed on the other side of the pond that I gave at least 80 ft. It always made me nervous when he submerged as I was in waist deep, dark water ...but the treasure! The sirens call :megdance: