Russian fossil hunting

procurator

Hello!

I want to tell you about my fossil hunting trip in Checkarda canyon. It's located near Perm city, in Ural region.

First I flew to Perm from Moscow. After I met my friends and we went to first point of our trip. We decided to reach paleo-site on the boat 

The russian village avoids after some times

DSC06893-1.thumb.JPG.dc9459d088027edfc3c62c78678dd270.JPG

We slowly floated downstream and moored near the field. We saw crushed pine, it stayed as label)

DSC06957-1.thumb.JPG.e1b99a3a0480fd87f94de27873fc5740.JPG

This place is famous for its plant's fossils (ferns, ginkgo, etc), but I realy wanted insect's fossils.

20 minutes ago, procurator said:

Thank you for your attention, I hope you were curious.

Yes, I was curious, since we don't get to see much in the way of Russian Permian finds here. Thank you very much for posting these and I hope you can still show us more of your Russian adventures.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Just now, Ludwigia said:

Yes, I was curious, since we don't get to see much in the way of Russian Permian finds here. Thank you very much for posting these and I hope you can still show us more of your Russian adventures.

Yes, I have fossils from permian sea, but I find them in other trip. I think I will post it later

Very nice!  Russia has such a wide variety of fossil types and locations that we here on TFF rarely get to see.  Thanks for sharing!

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Looking forward to your other adventures.

I really love the way you offer a picture in picture example of what the fossil looks like in modern terms.

20180524_044154.png

Very nice finds! So cool to see fossils from another part of the world, thanks for sharing! Look forward to seeing more of your posts. And I followed you on Instagram.

12 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Looking forward to your other adventures.

I really love the way you offer a picture in picture example of what the fossil looks like in modern terms.

thank you! I made this photo for my Instagram for non-paleontologist. It takes more effect)

Thank you very much for this virtual trip to the Ural, I enjoyed it very much!

Franz Bernhard

1 minute ago, ToothMan said:

Very nice finds! So cool to see fossils from another part of the world, thanks for sharing! Look forward to seeing more of your posts. And I followed you on Instagram.

thal you for following! My account in instagram procurator9

Thank you posting other than a few Permian shark teeth I have from Krasnoufimsk nice to see other material.   Looks like a fun time.  Nice job with the inserts.

4 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Thank you posting other than a few Permian shark teeth I have from Krasnoufimsk nice to see other material.   Looks like a fun time.  Nice job with the inserts.

I traveled in Krasnoufimsk and I have some photo. I'll post it later, because I must have a secret))

The most popular fossils from Krasnoufimsk - Helicaprion, but I don't find this((. But I found ammonites, trilobites and some plants) 

I think, I'll post this on next week if you're interesting

8 minutes ago, procurator said:

I traveled in Krasnoufimsk and I have some photo. I'll post it later, because I must have a secret))

The most popular fossils from Krasnoufimsk - Helicaprion, but I don't find this((. But I found ammonites, trilobites and some plants) 

I think, I'll post this on next week if you're interesting

Very interested please post if you can.

Very interested in seeing more! 

Nice finds and, as others have said, it's always great to see Permian fossils and fossils from Russia, neither of which we get to see much of. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

48 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Very interested in seeing more! 

Nice finds and, as others have said, it's always great to see Permian fossils and fossils from Russia, neither of which we get to see much of. :)

Thank you!

I think I really must post ural nature ))) One more view of Silva river, there we had found fossils

DSC07097.JPG

Just now, procurator said:

Thank you!

I think I really must post ural nature ))) One more view of Silva river, there we had found fossils

DSC07097.JPG

Beautiful! :wub:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Thank you for this glimpse of a part of the world we rarely see.  It reminds me a lot of places I have been in Canada.  Also your fossils are very interesting, and it looks like you had a good time out in nature with friends.  I look forward to seeing your other collecting trips.

Don

Russian vegetables! Find any Arctic stuff up there? :P :plant:

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Archived