The two new beauties of my collection

Mukti

These just arrived today.

A Mosasaur (Prognathadon) root and tooth -- I read about fake roots. How can one tell?

A Carcharocles Megalodon which is just under 6" at 5.91" 

Hope you all enjoy 

My second image will have to be another topic

20180525_182504.jpg

Love the meg, it’s a nice color!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Wow!

I love the meg, really nice.:wub:

I know there are a lot of fake mosasaur roots out there. If you can see a clear distinction between the tooth and the tooth It might be fake. Maybe someone else can tell you more.

Great purchases anyway.

Yes and I truly don't !ean this as a rant as I thank you all for taking the time to comment. I just wanted to say that because we are all typing here and I'm so new to the forum others have not had time to understand my communication style also it is by no means the same!e as one on one speaking and such I wanted to put that in there that I'm by no means upset/ranting or otherwise.:D

I agree with youthat the Meg isn't as smooth as some other specimens I have, but actually that why I liked it.  I might be the odd one out but personally I am drawn more towards the less polished, perfect megaladon teeth. To me, if I am buying a tooth or any other fossil for that matter, I would like to see it's "life-force" and prefer that it looked like it came from an actual animal than a jewelry store. Maybe there are other fossil hunters/collectors that feel the same way. I am so new to this and have so much to learn.

Archived