Dear The Fossil Forum members,

I have those Cnidaria (and a few other unidentified Cnidaria genera) from Camadas de Alcobaça Formation, Kimmeridgian, Portugal. I would be interested in Neogene Bivalvia or Gastropoda. If interested drop me a line please.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Calamosmilia sp.jpg

Cryptocoenia choffati.jpg

Dimorphastrea sp.jpg

Pleurosmilia sp.jpg

Thecosmilia sp.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Dear RJB,

Of course. See this link please: 

Best regards,

Ricardo

8 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Those are beautiful! :wub:

Thank you!

All of best,

Ricardo

Dear FTT members,

Those are traded. I still have a few specimens like those.

Thank you!

Important update

I'm very sorry but I believe I can’t trade with TFF members out of EU because our Portuguese customs/ nature authorities do not aloud shells trade (even without money like we do) without a long and difficult inquisitor process. Usually it is necessary sending shells to other friend in other EU country (like France or England) and then that friend send those shells to us.  I believe it is a lot of trouble for us. Other geological objects (like minerals or other kind of fossils doesn’t cause these problems, in past I trade a lot with Australian or American  mineral collectors (from Brazil, USA, Canada and Mexico) without problems. 

Kind regards

10 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

Beautiful specimens. Those horn corals sure look Paleozoic!

Hello Wrangellian,

Thank you for your kind comment. Those were personally collected... there is no Paleozoic on that region and I have a geological map from there. Those corals are Jurassic for sure.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

40 minutes ago, ricardo said:

... there is no Paleozoic on that region and I have a geological map from there. Those corals are Jurassic for sure.

I don't doubt they are Jurassic, it's just amazing how much like Paleozoic horn corals they look.

6 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

I don't doubt they are Jurassic, it's just amazing how much like Paleozoic horn corals they look.

Ok. Sorry I’m not fluent in English… so I didn’t understood.

6 hours ago, Vieira said:

Beautiful fossils Ricardo :dinothumb:

Thanks! 

:)

9 hours ago, ricardo said:

Ok. Sorry I’m not fluent in English… so I didn’t understood.

No worries.

I have some bivalves from Gram claypit (Upper Miocene) if you want, and some bivalves/gastropods from the sternberger gestein formation (Upper Oligocene), but these are quite classic locations so I imagine you already have the more common species from here.

But if you want I can send a batch

Hello Phevo,

I will be interested. Those Cnidaria are reserved but I will make some pictures of other specimens and will send to you.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

• 2 weeks later...

Dear TFF friends,

Cnidaria were traded. Thank you for you kind interest.

Best regards,

Ricardo