Tooth?

woodardcoin

Sorry for the lack of high quality photo equiptment here guys . I believe this is some sort of tooth found in Alabama at a cretaceous site . This site has numerous shark teeth , shell matrix , and ammonites . Any ideas? tooh or not? It has some pyrite forming in one small spot . No cleaning or prep has been done as of yet .

Thanks

JP

post-2066-1250647319_thumb.jpg

post-2066-1250647789_thumb.jpg

See if your camera has a Macro setting, then crop the picture. Also good lighting helps. I have better luck taking pics outside.

Looks like something. I kinda see some serrations (maybe not tooth) at the bottom?? :)

It almost looks like an Encodus fish.........the upper front section of the jaw of this fish that had a fang like tooth that attached to the protruding bony section on your specimen........I borrowed frank menser picture to show you what it may be.........but better pic's maybe needed. check out his fossil ID section under palatine plate and see more pictures of a Encodus.. I hope this helps

post-2085-1250656079.jpg

Tony
The Brooks Are Like A Box Of Chocolates,,,, You Never Know What You'll Find.

I Told You I Don't Have Alzheimer's.....I Have Sometimers. Some Times I Remember

And Some Times I Forget.... I Mostly Forget.

It almost looks like an Encodus fish.........the upper front section of the jaw of this fish that had a fang like tooth that attached to the protruding bony section on your specimen........I borrowed frank menser picture to show you what it may be.........but better pic's maybe needed. check out his fossil ID section under palatine plate and see more pictures of a Encodus.. I hope this helps

I was thinking in the same direction. Thanks njfossilhunter for saving me from pulling the pic up myself... ;)

Be true to the reality you create.

Archived