4 crabs ready to Rip!!!

RJB

Got some very bad news today.  First very sad, then confused, then mad.  Mixed myself a whiskey and cola at 7:20 this morning and went out to the garage and picked out 4 crab concretions.  The very first one I read wrong!  Fixed it and grabbed another.  Read this 2 one right and also the 3rd and 4th.   Done prepping for the day even thought its quite early but nice to have so many crabs ready to go.   First and second picture is the same conc.  Dug a hole, found ventral, turned it over and fixed it.  3rd photo is the second concretion.  Found dorsal.  Last photo is all 4 concs ready to go.

RB

DSCN1614.JPG

DSCN1615.JPG

DSCN1616.JPG

DSCN1617.JPG

Sorry about the bad news, Ron. 

Nothing like a bit of prepping to take your mind off things. 

Look forward to seeing the progress on these. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I’m sorry about the bad news as well. 

Those concretions look nice, no better person to unlock their contents than yourself! 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Sorry to hear that You are having more tribulation in Your life, hoping for better things to come Your way!

Nice crabs to take the mind off of other things.

:crab::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::crab:

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate mishap RB. Though if anyone can rectify it, its you. I always love seeing your crabs and the piled up concretions being worked on in the backround. Happy to see you getting back to your usual routine! Looking forward to seeing the finished results.:fistbump:

...I'm back.

Sorry to hear you have had more bad news. It sounds like you are keeping yourself  busy that a good thing I think. Looking forward to seeing how your preparation work on the crabs progresses.  All the best  Bobby.

Wishing you well and good news buddy. 

Hey Ron, keep hangng in there bud.  That prepping keeps your mind free, clear and lost in time as you know.  That crinkly New Zealand crabbie sure turned out very cool with all your skills and patients.  Look forward to seeing these crabbies being exposed to the light of new day after all those years in the dirt. 

Thanks guys.  Life sure can throw some curve balls!!!   All I really want is crab balls.   :)

RB

You're an artist, Ron.  Your material is rock, and when everything is right, you create masterpieces for all to marvel and enjoy. When life throws curves, that's a pretty good talent to have.. along with family and friends. 

Jack

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Sorry for the bad news. 

Sending positive thoughts your way, Ron.   :zen:

Hang tough, my friend. 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Thank you everyone for your kindness.  Life throws us all some curve balls and ive had 2 really big curve balls thrown my way, but I try and keep busy to make things easier.  I know this sounds silly, but Im sooooooooooo glad I have fossils to work on to take my mind off of things and just get lost in my own little world.   I did some work on these concs  a couple times.  I cant do more than 3 hours in a prep session  along with household stuff too so this is slow going stuff now.  But still very fun.  The day I cant prep is the day my life is over.  Hopefully ive got another 10 years to go.  :)    Here is a pic of an update of these four crabs.  OH,  1st conc is a peice of $&!#, along with the 3rd one!!!  they are dropping like fly's!!!  Still got hope for #2 and #4. 

RB

DSCN1619.JPG

:fingerscrossed:For the other two. 

I agree, fossils take me away from the bad things that happen, i can forget about everything else for a while. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

That one on the right is going to be a beauty, how big is the carapace? around 30 mm or so?

19 hours ago, Phevo said:

That one on the right is going to be a beauty, how big is the carapace? around 30 mm or so?

Im going to guess 4 centimeters or so.

RB

Keep it up Ron. Stay the course and don't lose faith. Life tends to dog pile from time to time. Sometimes it seems that nothing can go right and after it's over you wonder how you made it through. I lost 2 of my best friends who were mentors to me to cancer 3 days apart a couple weeks ago. That was a kick in the crab balls.

Keep prepping, you're an encouragement to me.

5 hours ago, RJB said:

Im going to guess 4 centimeters or so.

RB

I am looking forward to seeing it finished, it is almost like a small gem

6 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

Keep it up Ron. Stay the course and don't lose faith. Life tends to dog pile from time to time. Sometimes it seems that nothing can go right and after it's over you wonder how you made it through. I lost 2 of my best friends who were mentors to me to cancer 3 days apart a couple weeks ago. That was a kick in the crab balls.

Almost like you know what im going through?   My best freind since the age of 12 is now gone.  Wasnt a shock, but still hurts.  So glad i have a great hobbie to lessen the pain. 

RB

Well, I got in a couple more prep sessions on these two.  Both have problems like most, but still, not bad so far for B-Grade crabs.  I still have a ways to go to finish but I will have fun finishing these up.  Just hope I find more leg on #4?    Time will tell. 

RB

DSCN1620.JPG

2 hours ago, RJB said:

Almost like you know what im going through?   My best freind since the age of 12 is now gone.  Wasnt a shock, but still hurts.  So glad i have a great hobbie to lessen the pain. 

RB

That’s tough. Nothing but time takes that kind of pain away.

Ok, out of the 4 I started with, here are the two that I ended up with plus one I found buried underneath a bunch of stuff on my prep bench.   The first two are not the best crabs but are fairly nice B-Grade crabs.  the one I just found on my bench is rather small, but holy cow, some nice little tippy tippy's!!!  How nice is that?!!! 

RB

DSCN1621.JPG

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Ron.  It's a good thing you have something to distract you for the moment. 

Don

Archived