Fennecfox

For clarification, the "Bone Wars" you are referring to is the race between Cope and Marsh as to which one could find and name the most dinosaurs, is this correct?

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Check out "The Mosasaur" on the DVPS website. Am not sure there is a separate account of the bone wars but recall one of the historical papers referring to them.

I enjoyed the book "The Gilded Dinosaur: The Fossil War Between E.D. Cope and O.C. Marsh and the Rise of American Science" by Mark Jaffe.  It's available new (in paperback) from Amazon.  Looking it up on Amazon, I also received the suggestion of "The Bonehunters' Revenge: Dinosaurs, Greed, and the Greatest Scientific Feud of the Gilded Age" by David Rains Wallace.  I haven't read Wallace's book, but it has a 4 star rating, so may also be worth checking out.  

• I found this Informative 2

Thank guys I am going to look up these books.  While I am what is the best way to display a mammoth molar. I have one that is 12 pounds and I had a stand from something else but it fell over. It is rather a awkward thing to try to display. Here is a pic

dgs1.jpg

dd6.jpg

• I found this Informative 1