City Park Road In Austin, Texas

Stacey

I had two momentous things happen to me today:

1. I checked my oldest child in to University of Texas today. I am now a proud UT mom.

2. I went on my first "real" fossil hunt and found some cool stuff!

Mostly what I found were a lot of baby Gryphea oysters, anywhere from tiny to about an inch long. There were thousands of them just laying exposed on the roadside. I also found some tiny caps, which I had never seen before. Along with those I got a few small Lopha, several spiraled shell casts, a few whole and partial casts of some kind of bivalve, a couple of concretions of different things, and my best find, a sea biscuit about the size of a quarter. As soon as I can get my camera up and running, I'll let the experts decide what the unknowns specifically are.

Congrats! You should be the first one there after we get a good rain. (if that ever happens) :)

Double congrats!!! You have a Longhorn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool:

Two beginnings in one day; congratulations on both :)

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Stacey, I bet you have mix emotions with your child in college. Good for him/her and I hope they excell in school. I was the first one on my family to get a college degree and now I have three of them and I can honestly say I am way better off with having my degree's. Although I could have made a decent living without them, It meant much more for me to get my college degree.

Good for you in your fossil hunt, get that dang camera and post some pix already!!! LOL

" This comment brought to you by the semi-famous AeroMike"

I was the first one on my family to get a college degree and now I have three of them and I can honestly say I am way better off with having my degree's.

OK, I'll bite, what are the 3 degrees? Inquiring minds want to know.

dear bob "call-me-robert-son-of-saurus-king-of-central-tech-sass-pseudo-special-echinoids",

have you ever heard the term "everything in moderation"? well, i'm living the dream. the only reason i come out here occasionally and toss out snippets is because once in a while anson has to refill the margarita machine and i don't want to get drafted into helping...

love,

t-pookie

(he calls me "t-pookie")

Archived