My British marine reptile fossil collection

DatFossilBoy

Hey guys.

I decided to share with you my two very recent reptile fossils that a friend kindly gave to me as a late birthday gift:D.

It is a incredibly detailed neural arch bone (I believe) from a Plesiosaur. Feel free to tell me which part of the skull this belonged to as I can’t find any answers on Internet. The second gift is a amazing ichthyosaurus plate with from left to right:

- a ichthy skull bone

- a small paddle bone

-a rib

-a cute little worn tooth ( very interesting because you can see the inside)

Also added to those are three fossils I bought at Lyme Regis : ichthyosaurus : vertebra,vertebra and paddle bone.

The smaller piece I believe it to be a paddle bone (found it myself).

The big vertebra I believe is from an adult Ichthyosaurus.

That is it for my british reptile fossils, always eager to get more :) 

regards

C19F06E1-943B-486D-9E0F-242B59BA4954.jpeg

D4639EF4-DC3A-4652-8F44-5DC0C942BECF.jpeg

9DE08A97-B958-4B65-8835-F7A8B0F68646.jpeg

F07D826D-B301-4A23-B1AE-C2BD6FB5ED6F.jpeg

Thats a very nice collection :fistbump: Always nice to see some Ichthyosaur fossils :wub:

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

A rather decent collection of bits, you've got some very attractive specimens there. :)

Love the little bones, i remember finding pieces like this at Lyme Regis when I was a lad. 

Thanks for sharing.  

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Nice!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

There is also a paddle bone in the middle of the Icthyosaurus slate. Nice collection, I am especially fond of the massive Icthy vertebra:dinothumb:. Also I think this article will help https://plesiosauria.com/anatomy.php

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

I love that plate. Just enough there to be a cool specimen, and just enough not there to not be scientifically important. Really good acquisition. And all the others are beauties! 

15 hours ago, indominus rex said:

There is also a paddle bone in the middle of the Icthyosaurus slate. Nice collection, I am especially fond of the massive Icthy vertebra:dinothumb:. Also I think this article will help https://plesiosauria.com/anatomy.php

13 hours ago, Bone guy said:

I love that plate. Just enough there to be a cool specimen, and just enough not there to not be scientifically important. Really good acquisition. And all the others are beauties! 

Thanks guys! Yes I know Indominus :) Thanks for the document.

Thanks so much bone guy :) 

I love Ichthyosaurs! I'd be very proud to display your specimens! Keep collecting :)

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

On 28/05/2018 at 9:06 PM, DatFossilBoy said:

It is a incredibly detailed neural arch bone (I believe) from a Plesiosaur. Feel free to tell me which part of the skull this belonged to as I can’t find any answers on Internet

Nice collection! 

A neural arch is a part of a vertebra rather than the skull :) 

https://plesiosauria.com/anatomy.php

Archived