Goniatite, Cephalopods, Bryozoans after rain

Rocky Stoner

Hi Folks.

Anxious for the rain to quit so I can start digging again.

Took a walk through the garden patches and picked these up today after several nice "rinsing" rains".

I hope to find more of the bryozoan plates, maybe more larger ones.  :fingerscrossed:Maybe you can see more than one variety in the attached pics.

More to come .... I'm hoping.

Kind regards,

:)

IMG_0524 - Copy.JPG

Once again some really nice backyard finds!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

That's incredible for a back garden! 

Wow! :envy:

Some of those bryozoans and brachiopods are quite beautiful and I even think I can see some Lingulids there as well! 

The orthocones are great too. 

Wow.

Again. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Awesome finds! Am I missing the goniatite? I’ve only heard of two types in the Mahantango (Agoniatites and Tornoceras) and they are both extremely rare in the Mahantango. Great job on finding one!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

19 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Awesome finds! Am I missing the goniatite? I’ve only heard of two types in the Mahantango (Agoniatites and Tornoceras) and they are both extremely rare in the Mahantango. Great job on finding one!

Sorry about that. Must be the worst photo job ever.

It is at the top with the cephalopods ... on edge.

It closely resembles the one I posted last year in this thread   ...several posts down.

Here are better pics.

Do you agree ?

Thanks !

IMG_0534 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0531 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0533 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0532 - Copy.JPG

That’s a nice and rare find! Nice job:dinothumb:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived