Dpaul7

Hello!

I had posted a bit of this before... however in my EXCITEMENT over my finds, I did NOT do a really good posting job.... These specimens SHOULD have been shown from all angles!  (I know better now... but hey, I was an excited old man!)

I would guess the coral is Devonian; possibly Mississippian.  This is ONE SPECIMEN photographed from all angles I could. 

Some of these specimens have a LOT going on in them!

I attach photos of ONE piece. I have taken photos from all angles.  On the first three photos... Do you think this is a different type of coral?  I DO see what is probably the top of a rugose coral at the right, the circular structure! The oval-shaped structures are what I wonder about. Coral?

Photo 4 - WOW!  A lot here! On the right, a small section of Lithostrotion coral - tabulate coral at the "south" end (better photo of that  is#7).  The "spray" on the right side in photo 4 is interesting!  There are little bits of coral all over the piece!  To the right of the big depression - the llittle black dots are arranged in a circle (a bit hard to see from this angle). 

I am very interested in hearing your comments - We brought back probably 80 + pounds of this stuff!

IMG_8183.JPG

IMG_8184.JPG

IMG_8185.JPG

IMG_8186.JPG

IMG_8187.JPG

IMG_8188.JPG

IMG_8190.JPG

At first, on the photos, i didn't saw a coral, but on the last i think it is one. But i won't be able to say more.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg