Darwin Ahoy

Locations Near Corpus Christi, Tx?

Darwin Ahoy

Hmm. So, it looks like I will most likely be moving down to Corpus Christi in a few months, and will have to leave behind my Monmouth County streams and Sussex County fluorescent minerals for what appears to be a geologic blank in the way of interesting material. So, who else to give me some suggestions on where to check out when I get there than you guys? I'd consider anything within 2 hours to be fair game, and 4 hours for that special day out (a once a month sort of thing). So far most of the sites on here seem to be up in northern Texas, a weekend-munching 7-8 hours away.

Seldom

Check out Steve 71 post of late he is hunting Rockport right in CC back yard

jeepinthemud

Ah, I live in Corpus for eight months out of the year... its a great place!

As for hunting, the topic mentioned, and there is another that I go to under Texas Sites..

If you want, I could meet you there at some point.

Do you know where in Corpus? (You can PM me if you want)

lordpiney

what happened ant? why are you moving to tx? work?

Darwin Ahoy

Something like that. Our lease on this apartment is up in November, and my roommates aren't renewing. Definitely am not making enough to get a place on my own, nor get up the security deposit and such for a place in time. But I know someone in Corpus, so, to there I go. Besides, I hate winter, so the climate is more to my liking, anyway. In the meantime, I'm trying to do as much hunting as I can around here, though working 6 days a week can put a damper on that. Though I'm working on freeing up a weekend to run up to Herkimer, NY.

As for where in Corpus, she said "in the section known as South Side"? Whatever that means haha. Somewhere near Weber, or something like that. Meeting up for some fossil hunting would be great...just have to wait until I get down there haha. But then, months do have a tendency to fly by.

jeepinthemud

The South Side is the name of that area.... and it is right near my place!

In the next few months, I will try to leave enough on the ground so I could hopefully show you around some (very few) places. haha

Just send me a PM or an email as the date gets closer.

steve71

few places by corpus to look this is what i found two days ago.

post-152-0-19834100-1385998681_thumb.jpg

post-152-0-27398300-1385998690_thumb.jpg

garyc

Wow, Steve. Very jealous of your finds. I saw your last batch of mammoth teeth as well. I hunt around the Brazos River, but rarely find anything as cool as what you find in one day. Nice work. I've been thinking about heading down toward the Rockport area. can you steer me any place decent?

squalicorax

few places by corpus to look this is what i found two days ago.

Megafauna mega nice!