Famous Fossil Forum Movie Stars!!

minnbuckeye

On Thursday, I had the pleasure of watching a segment of Minnesota Bound TV series be filmed. They focus on outdoor activities available in the great state of Minnesota and decided to create a segment involving fossil hunting in SE Minnesota. With that said, there was no better place to start filming than at @Bev,s fossil farm. From there, we visited a site about 8 miles away to expose the film crew to fossil hunting. I do think the crew enjoyed @GeschWhatand her coprolite talk immensely. It was a successful adventure and now we will be inundated with fossil hunters when the segment airs!!!! Kidding aside, I hope and pray this segment will be watched by our youth and get a portion of them to lay down the video games and get out into nature. Enjoy the pictures of the film stars!!!

Here is GeschWhat dazzling the world with her knowledge.

DSC_0058.thumb.JPG.1f029c31d82f7d55e1b020d976fb4409.JPGDSC_0062.thumb.JPG.bdc97eac5fe95c9544c886c86f55e5a3.JPGDSC_0064.thumb.JPG.8b33ccfdfccf429bdb1012143d02f7e4.JPG 

I am not sure Bev's dog will make it into the film, but maybe our next "Lassie"???

• I found this Informative 10

DSC_0069.JPG.8340509b84d500a534c1f1740953a857.JPG 

Bev showing off her Fossil Sand Pit 

DSC_0072.thumb.JPG.bf6fdd46d57671c2427556ecb7fb7b97.JPG 

Bev is standing along side her Fossil Walkway. She has many stops in her rock garden featuring a particular type of fossil from corals to trilobites and everything in between.. I think they are at her crinoid display???

• I found this Informative 9

I want autographed pics please!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

DSC_0076.thumb.JPG.348c4780412a55b5434917c8903e6d30.JPGDSC_0081.thumb.JPG.1914a8b74637ef1fcb772e88ff4f196e.JPG 

This is typical SE Minnesota Ordovician rock exposure created by the many trout streams we are blessed with. It makes for wonderful hunting experiences, which we all had.

• I found this Informative 7

A hand is dwarfed by a dinosaur footprint               

I forget if this is Bev or GeschWhat  putting their handprint in the Hollywood theater. But it does provide proof they are truly movie stars! I had fun with you all.

• I found this Informative 4

LOL - I think the hand print is Bev. As you can see, Minnbuckeye was a star as well.  Here is one of Bev's photos taken the day before shooting, featuring Mike's AMAZING display of fossils collected within the city limits of Rochester, MN. I wish I would have gotten photos during his interview. 

5b13f4f589ac0_Mikesfossils.thumb.jpg.5aa57f76592837319864e43ed0bd47ce.jpg

As you can see, he was right there in the action.

IMG_0319.thumb.JPG.6b76dead3c018f34d7f9a0e74906cebe.JPG

• I found this Informative 6

You can tell they had fun filming this--you can even see the cameraman grinning in the very first photo. Hope this brings some great fossil publicity to your local area. Maybe we'll have an upsurge of new TFF members from Minnesota.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 2

Absolutely fabulous. :)

So many superstars on the forum.

I love the different ways people contribute to spreading the word; discoveries, papers, donations to museums, TV, books, teaching, working in shops and museums..................

So many superstars. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Wish I could get Minnesota TV over here.

It will be online!

4 hours ago, digit said:

Maybe we'll have an upsurge of new TFF members from Minnesota.

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't know if it will make it on camera, but we all shamelessly plugged the forum for the priceless resource that it is. 

• I found this Informative 6

54 minutes ago, Castle Rock said:

Please post a link for the online TV program!   Dave

We were told it may take up to a year before it is finished!! (They have so much good stuff to go through!!)

• I found this Informative 1

How wonderful , very please for you great people. Please don’t forget us at TFF now you have TV money. Can I watch it in the UK?:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

5 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

we all shamelessly plugged the forum for the priceless resource that it is. 

That's what we wanted to hear. Good on ya.

Cheers.

-Ken

On 6/3/2018 at 10:09 AM, GeschWhat said:

Minnbuckeye was a star as well

5b13f4f589ac0_Mikesfossils.thumb.jpg.5aa57f76592837319864e43ed0bd47ce.jpg

Ok, I'm questioning Mike's ( @minnbuckeye) fanhood...  no OSU shirt or paraphernalia?:headscratch::D

OK @Peat Burns, you caught me with my pants down, er wearing a Minnesota shirt! Actually this picture was taken the day before the filming. And besides, it is NOT football season. In all seriousness, though, I woke up the morning of the filming and thought to myself, do I want to make a statement with my wardrobe? Well, I am not afraid of controversy so I dawned my "BREAK THE SILENCE" shirt in honor of my daughter. A spare shirt was in the back seat of my truck in case problems arose, but the film crew had no issues!

Excellent pics Mike:fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!