EdAlta

This item was found in southern Alberta near, but not in Dinosaur Provincial Park. It was found in a dry rain gully.

it is approximately 4” x3” x 2”

14B313DC-DDA4-4BD6-BCBB-B21596B3ADE1.jpeg

A very interesting nodule or concretion, but not a dino egg, i'm afraid. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Welcome to the forum. 

I also do not see an egg fossil here as it lacks the typical eggshell texture.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

It might be close to this:

Manganese-Iron-Nodule-BSM106152-03.jpg.5f3d59bb7e6b218ae0189c06b5ffe48c.jpg.2a1999e67accc48b0da08d766bcf4319.jpg

picture from here

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

If that is what I'm thinking of, it might be related to the counter septarian structures.

" In a less spectacular version of such counter septarian structures, the tangential cracks did not propagate spirally. Instead they formed a round knob in the center of each first-order polygon, thus mimicking the nuclei in a cellular tissue (Fig. 15 (d)). This suggests that the defoliating cracks started from the polygonal cracks of the previous order and propagated towards the center of the enclosed area. "  - see page 5 of this topic.

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library