Sign in to follow this  
raptorranger

Batesford limestone quarry

raptorranger

Hi. I'm very new and have never done this before however i have taken an interest in fossicking. As i live in Melbourne Australia, I plan to visit the Batesford limestone quarry to look for some shark teeth. I wonder if anyone can guide me about what i need, if any license is needed, specific area i need to go to, if it is open for public and other stuff that i may need to know. I know a lot of people here have done fossicking here but i can't seem to find any details on the stuff i mentioned above. Thank you so much and hope to hear from you guys soon!

DanKurek

Hello

I am also from Victoria but have never been to Batesford. This is because it is a private and still active quarry. I believe that the owners of the quarry now only let in members of the Geelong Lapidary Club who are 16 or older but I could be wrong. Your best bet is to join the Geelong Lapidary Club.  Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Daniel

caldigger
4 hours ago, DanKurek said:

Hello

I am also from Victoria but have never been to Batesford. This is because it is a private and still active quarry. I believe that the owners of the quarry now only let in members of the Geelong Lapidary Club who are 16 or older but I could be wrong. Your best bet is to join the Geelong Lapidary Club.  Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Daniel

Signed: Daniel Kurek, President of the Geelong Lapidary Club.:ighappy: