Small unknown vertebra from the Kem Kem?

talon22

So i have this small vertebra, that may be too difficult to id, but thought it is worth posting in case another member has seen a similar vertebra from the Kem Kem. It is slightly over 4 cm in length. Anyone have an idea what it could be from? Thanks.

5b1bca2f5b45f_20180607_161045(2).thumb.jpg.e4e2476803d99126407620753dbee450.jpg

Theropod caudal vertebra?

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

Does indeed look like a caudal vertebra. And I agree that it looks like it could be theropod.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Can you take a photo of the ventral and dorsal sides, I'm not there yet with dinosaurian 

Yes I agree with caudal (or tail) vertebrae, and also think it could be from a theropod however which one is anyone's guess.

19 hours ago, Troodon said:

Can you take a photo of the ventral and dorsal sides, I'm not there yet with dinosaurian 

Do either of the photos posted above help in identification?

Thank you.  Not sure what it is, there are Theropod features but others that say it's not and would lean that way.  

Thanks Troodon.

The vertebra sort of reminds me of this.....

Image result for pterosaur caudal vertebrae

But this is from Tanystropheus (from the Triassic)....maybe i am seeing things. I wonder if it could be from an unidentified type of reptile. It is only a small vertebra, but it has me very curious. 

Distal Caudal vertebra of many species can take that general form and the differences can be very subtle.  Unfortunately very little is published from the Kem Kem.  Nice vert, hang on to it and one day you might get a answer 

Archived