I got an interesting offer for this clutch of hadrosaur and one raptor egg.

Would be great to hear your opinions, as im still a newbie and dont wanna waste my money.

If somebody cann give any indication of a fair price per PM would also be fine.

Thanks_dsc0810_11_aa339d.jpg.23f4f1d013a56fba7e30373784aa04e7.jpg 

_dsc0816_4_eea459.jpg

_dsc0822_5_e55a48.jpg

_dsc0824_3_934276.jpg

_dsc0821_3_61c6b9.jpg

_dsc0812_10_cbe5cd.jpg

_dsc0808_8_250984.jpg

Well, to me they look fine. But I'm no expert on eggs so let others give their opinions. 

The raptor egg is real but very poorly prepped which hides the detail in the eggshell.     Some shell material is missing in you last photo which is acceptable.  If purchased it does need to be properly prepared.

What size are the eggs in the clutch?  Looks real but would like to see a bottom and side photo.  Preparation is even worst on these three. 

Do you have a locality on these eggs.

Eggs are not described to a dinosaur but classified to a oogenera (ootaxa) determined by the type of eggshell that is present.

Thanks Troodon for the fast reply. I dont have a locality beside asia. Forget to mention the Raptor Egg is unprepped.

The matrix of the clutch is 24cm. At the moment I dont have more informations.

7 minutes ago, MarcoX said:

The matrix of the clutch is 24mm. At the moment I dont have more informations.

24mm, or cm? I feel like 24mm with the matrix is incredibly tiny! :)

Just now, thelivingdead531 said:

24mm, or cm? I feel like 24mm with the matrix is incredibly tiny! :)

24cm. Thanks

53 minutes ago, MarcoX said:

The matrix of the clutch is 24cm. At the moment I dont have more informations.

Is that the width of the clutch?

3 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Is that the width of the clutch?

He said the length of the matrix

So the eggs are pretty small, definitely not a hadrosaur but need to confirm size.   The eggs are then around 9 cm?  You need to get an accurate size.

All the eggs are unprepared, but yes, definitely all of them are actually 100% real.

The first egg, sellers often call oviraptor egg, which is wrong, because the correct even in the current classification is simply to call it Elongatoolithus sp.

In fact it is quite likely that it is even an egg of Oviraptor, because besides the morphology being consistent, Oviraptors have also been discovered over nests containing eggs like this:

image.png.7790194e43a99b6b8010073d43ac616a.png

image.png.0414085db9f0fd9ad07a938fcea1bbd1.png

But in the absence of embryos and other evidence, they should be called only Elongatoolithus sp.

As for the nest containing the 3 eggs, actually the eggs are small, and sellers often call them Therizinosaur egg, but this is completely wrong, as as our troodon friend said, the eggs are not described to a dinosaur but classified to the oogenera, that is, the ootaxa. Therefore, I am absolutely sure that these 3 eggs are of the type Spheroolithus sp. Which makes me assume that all these eggs you showed us here can be from Ganzhou, China. Although there are other Chinese localities that have eggs with this same type of matrix and fossilization.

But particularly, in my opinion, they are all from Ganzhou.

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

2 hours ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

All the eggs are unprepared, but yes, definitely all of them are actually 100% real.

The first egg, sellers often call oviraptor egg, which is wrong, because the correct even in the current classification is simply to call it Elongatoolithus sp.

In fact it is quite likely that it is even an egg of Oviraptor, because besides the morphology being consistent, Oviraptors have also been discovered over nests containing eggs like this:

image.png.7790194e43a99b6b8010073d43ac616a.png

image.png.0414085db9f0fd9ad07a938fcea1bbd1.png

But in the absence of embryos and other evidence, they should be called only Elongatoolithus sp.

As for the nest containing the 3 eggs, actually the eggs are small, and sellers often call them Therizinosaur egg, but this is completely wrong, as as our troodon friend said, the eggs are not described to a dinosaur but classified to the oogenera, that is, the ootaxa. Therefore, I am absolutely sure that these 3 eggs are of the type Spheroolithus sp. Which makes me assume that all these eggs you showed us here can be from Ganzhou, China. Although there are other Chinese localities that have eggs with this same type of matrix and fossilization.

But particularly, in my opinion, they are all from Ganzhou.

The matrix and the eggs look very much alike the eggs from Ganzhou, Jiangxi that I have seen.  I agree with our friend Seguidora-de-Isis that the eggs are genuine and from Ganzhou.

Archived