Wolf89

6, 5, and 15 are POSSIBLY bone. I’d focus on those, the rest are various pebbles, metamorphic rocks, and possibly a piece of slag.

• I found this Informative 4

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

#14 (the piece in the center), reminds me of ostracod, may be a fragment but I think it's too large.

• I found this Informative 1

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

3 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

6, 5, and 15 are POSSIBLY bone. I’d focus on those, the rest are various pebbles, metamorphic rocks, and possibly a piece of slag.

I agree.

Welcome to the forum @Wolf52893! This is a wonderful place to learn. We are so happy you joined us. :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2018 at 1:34 PM, Wolf52893 said:

I guys I have a large amount of unidentified fossils (40+). I was hoping you guys can Identify them for me. 

All were found in eastern NC (Aroura or Emerald Isle beach)

Thanks, for any help.

I have them numbered for easy reference.

I also have them next to quarters and pennies for size reference. The quarter is 1 inch tall and wide and pennies are .75 inch tall and wide

I can take more pics upon request

Howdy, I have collected fossils from both Aurora, in the PCS mine, and along the Emerald Isle beach, so think I can help. Most of these appear to be simply rocks, likely volcanic and most are weathered making the task of an ID not easy.  Numbers 5, 7, 12, and 15 could be fossils but without better pictures it is very difficult to say one way or the other. If 12 is a fossil, then it is likely plant related and not bone based on the texture and overall shape, however the sample is fairly weathered so that is little more than a best guess. Hope this helps some.

On 6/9/2018 at 2:11 PM, Wolf52893 said:

I am only 13 and trying to learn as much as i can

At that age you are doing quite well by just coming to the forum here and in time, I have no doubt you will learn a great deal.

Edited by CBchiefski
  • I found this Informative 2

On 6/9/2018 at 3:37 PM, Wolf52893 said:

2. 06191ec16b507e52a7146cdc1ef57980.png 064a1141f363812597228e4e77fab94f.png305ba350afa68fadc24121325082f327.png

This one is probably turtle bone. The spherical holes are a common feature of turtle bone.