Winner of the May 2018 Invertebrate / Plant Fossil Of The Month!

Cris

• Cris changed the title to Winner of the May 2018 Invertebrate / Plant Fossil Of The Month!
  • Cris featured this topic

Congrats to you ! Nice fossil (with more pygidium)...

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congrats, @minnbuckeye! This was certainly a "battle of the bugs," but the tank-like asaphid wins out of sheer force, beauty, and rarity! :yay-smiley-1:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Congrats Mike, excellent find:yay-smiley-1:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Congrats on the win ! Really nice trilo. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Woohoo, well done!!! Awesome find :trilo:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Thank you  to all! It seems my fossil finds always seem to end up in second place!!!! Finally broke that string. @Ludwigia's stunning Trigonia and @Kane's wonderfully prepped Eldredgeops led me to think maybe third place would be proper positioning for my trilobite this month. I was very glad to see so many participants too. It is not about winning, but about displaying one's favorite finds for all of us to enjoy. Anyways, I should quit typing and go look for a fossil for this month's contest. I need to give some competion to @GeschWhat.

Thanks again,

Mike

WoW Mike, Congratulations on the win !!! but equally important, congrats on the find and the skills in prepping... :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Congrats!

That's a sweet bug for sure. You are right about the FOTM contest being more about members having a place to post finds that they consider special than about winning a particular month (but it IS always nice to have your special find confirmed by the other members).

Cheers.

-Ken

Congratulations minnbuckeye !  A really nice find and prep !

' Keep calm and carry on fossiling '

52 minutes ago, Mike from North Queensland said:

Congratulations nice bug and prep

Many of you mention "nice prep". The reality is " nice sledge hammer". I was splitting large pieces of matrix that only rarely produce whole bugs. They look nice with multiple trilo-bits on them. This slab split off of a larger piece. NO prep. Zero! You see it as I did when finding it, other than I found and re-attached eyes 2 weeks later. Sorry to disappoint those into prepping.  

Mike

Congrats! Very nice find. Bugs rule! :trilowalk:

"Don't force it, just use a bigger hammer"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Cris unfeatured this topic
  • 1 month later...

Congratulations to you.:D

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Archived