Fossil or some tool?

Darko

Pozdrav!

I'm not sure what this is: Some Fossil or maybe some hand made tool? I found it as always in my garden I wonder what can this be? I will add pics now:

20180611_232328.jpg

20180611_232335.jpg

20180611_232340.jpg

20180611_232347.jpg

20180611_232354.jpg

Weird shaped rock I think. The odd patterns that are visible are likely due to break patterns that were later worn down and smoothed a bit.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

No, not a tool. The general shape  somehow suggests antler, but the consistency and weight might dismiss this. Can you retake the straight end views (pictures 3,4)?

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

30 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

No, not a tool. The general shape  somehow suggests antler, but the consistency and weight might dismiss this. Can you retake the straight end views (pictures 3,4)?

20180612_012638.jpg

looks like it contains mica,  probaby not a fossil

• I found this Informative 1

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

The new pictures are also unfocused on the ends of the specimen, unfortunately. :headscratch:

I guess daylight photos may solve this inconvenient feature.

We need to know it it has trabecular texture in the middle or not.

I also forgot to ask the weight of the specimen compared to a similar modern deer antler fragment, sorry.  :blush:
There's no hurry in the ID, and aprofundation might be a good assistant. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library