Trilobite identification

pugrockprincess

Hello everyone!

I have a large trilobite collection including phacops, drotops, asaphus, hollardops, reedops, diademaproetus, coltraenia, gerastos, harpes, crotalocephalus & moroccanites etc and they are distinguished to a degree. I purchased one from a recent holiday, it's not of a great quality but it was more of a memento than my love of the bug. This one wasn't labelled, I was inclined to say it's a reedops but wondered if I could get a little more insight! I can add more photos if necessary!

Also, I can't wash off the mark left by the price sticker on the front! Any ideas how to best remove it appreciated.

Thanks a lot :)

image.jpeg

P.S, there was a sticker on the front I removed but it's left a rectangular mark and won't come off- any suggestions on how to remove it would be helpful!

It looks like a Reedops. For the sticker residue, you can try sanding it off, or (the slower method) of seeing if acetone may work.

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Thank you I'll probably get some sandpaper on it. It was just an easy sticker to remove I didn't think it should leave such a mark. 

It has the general shape of a reedops but is missing a lot of detail so I didn't know if that could stop any confirmation being made, but thank you for backing up my assumption :)

25 minutes ago, Kane said:

It looks like a Reedops. For the sticker residue, you can try sanding it off, or (the slower method) of seeing if acetone may work.

I was about to suggest the exact methods, but in reverse order.

I would use a very coarse sandpaper such as 50 grit or even coarser to try and match the grinder marks already there.

RB

Archived