I noticed a Dakotaraptor tooth for sale and caution anyone interested in it to do a bit more homework before you buy.  Dakotaraptor teeth are difficult to diagnose and can easily be confused with Nanotyrannus teeth.  These teeth have been very difficult to find and are prized but be patient and be sure its the real deal. 

If interested my suggestion is to obtain more information on the tooth:

A photo of the mesial carina. On the holotype the mesial carina typically ends 1/3 from the base

A  closeup pictures of the mesial and distal denticles, see below on what they should look like.  Not box shape like Nano.  From the photos provided it might look right but need that closeup

A  serration count midline of both edges 5mm wide.  Being a Dromaeosaurid the serrations are larger on the distal carina than mesial one. 

Denticle shape from DePalma paper included in my topic shown below

Screenshot_20180612-064620.jpg.0f5f5ac8fb05a4bf6fd6df80311e481f.jpg

5b1fccc211a33_s-l1600(1).jpg.4ce5e8b0998bb10491597bd8658234dc.jpgs-l1600.jpg.292ef85592521fe72409cf1be63f9a6a.jpg

• I found this Informative 12

Thanks for the information and I will keep an eye out for this if in the future I find one being advertised as such.

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

Yeah I just saw this tooth, the inexperienced collector would purchase this without any doubt. Gotta be careful. 

Just now, Bone guy said:

Yeah I just saw this tooth, the inexperienced collector would purchase this without any doubt. Gotta be careful. 

Not saying it's misidentified but like you said be careful, do your homework and never trust anyone's identification without verification.

• I found this Informative 4