Need a little help identifying these teeth

SerratedTeeth

Okay so I found one tooth that I know for a fact is indeed a shark tooth, however, I am still a little skeptical about the second one. It has the right shape and texture to it as well as what appears to be a root line. I also added a photo that compares the broken tips of the two, and the inner portion of them seem to match pretty well, but I am not really sure if it is a tooth or not. I am really looking to identify the first tooth if possible, and confirm or deny that the second is a tooth. These were both found on my last trip to Myrtle Beach in South Carolina.

IMG_7562.JPGIMG_7564.thumb.JPG.4c4ecea9b5123c9a7799a51a7b06281b.JPG

IMG_7563.JPG

IMG_7565.JPG

IMG_7566.JPG

IMG_7567.JPG

IMG_7569.JPG

Edited by SerratedTeeth
adding pictures

These are more than likely much too worn, to make any kind of positive ID.  :unsure: 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

@Fossildude19 I figured they would be... I was thinking possible Mako for the first one as it is much narrower than the White Shark teeth I have found in the past. The second one just has me skeptical as to whether it is even a tooth or not. I've found thousands of teeth in the years I have been looking, so I can usually determine pretty quickly if its not a tooth. This one I just cant seem to determine a yes or no on it!

3 hours ago, SerratedTeeth said:

...cant seem to determine a yes or no on it...

Having seen a LOT of badly worn shark's teeth, I would call this one a "yes".
They show a dense texture and patina that is a little different from other badly worn bone.

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

@Auspex yeah I almost tossed it back down when I found it but I wanted to get some other opinions on it first. Do you by chance have any photos of some other very worn teeth?

I never bothered to photograph them; wish I had, for the educational value!
Gave 'em all to kids, who thought that having any part of an ancient shark was pretty neat.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!