My Theropod collection

Woopaul5

Just starting to get into theropod teeth. Surprised this didn’t happen many many years ago as I was obsessed with Jurassic Park as a kid. After many a times searching on this amazing forum, stumbling across @Troodon‘s Jurassic threads and late night boredom searches through everyone’s favorite online auction site I decided it’s time to expand the collection.

I’ve primarily been into shark teeth in my short time getting into fossils serious. I’ve had some stuff since I was a kid but a work trip to Charleston 2 years ago has led a new obsession that’s branching into others...

Some spinosaurus indet  that I got from the Tucson show a while back

QqFVJI.jpg

0IFpQW.jpg

Carcharodontosaurus

DnokuL.jpg

hpgQd9.jpg

JeRXD2.jpg

A raptor species of some sort

kndvsp.jpg

Starting of with some Moroccoan stuff for now as it’s heavily available and not too harsh on the wallet. Really would like to get into some North American theropods but kinda clueless on where to start and where to purchase from. I don’t mind using online auction sites for the Moroccan stuff but I’m hesitant on the NA stuff in there. If you guys have any recommendations please PM me some recommendations. 

Thanks for looking and please feel free to share pictures of your collection with me.

Amazing start! You will soon find you get addicted to collecting them. Each and every individual specimen is unique in its own way. I wish that I could visit the Tuscon show one year however I am based in the UK so it's not always that as easy. Maybe one day I'll dedicate one vacation to simply just exploring around the area and fossil finding.

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

Thanks and happy my posts helped guide your collection direction.   Your teeth are a great start to your theropod collection and the Tucson show is the place to get started.  The last tooth is an Abelsaurid indet not a raptor. 

For newbies on teeth just a caution on expanding your collection to North American.   Check this topic out if you have not read it.    Post interest here before you buy and don't trust ID many are not totally accurate.  

Let me add if you're around for the 2019 show be glad to point out where to purchase teeth from sellers that do not have an web presence and are the sources for many web sites.

Nice teeth and welcome to the forum! 

We all have to start from somewhere! I got the bug of collecting theropod teeth (you can view my post in member collections page) and haven’t looked back since! 

11 hours ago, Jaimin013 said:

Amazing start! You will soon find you get addicted to collecting them. Each and every individual specimen is unique in its own way. I wish that I could visit the Tuscon show one year however I am based in the UK so it's not always that as easy. Maybe one day I'll dedicate one vacation to simply just exploring around the area and fossil finding.

Thanks!  I’m fortunate being on the east coast for now. Shark teeth are the fo is of my collecting and it’s quite abundant here.

9 hours ago, Vieira said:

Nice start :dinothumb:.

Congratulations

Thanks

8 hours ago, Bone guy said:

Good solid start. Those Spino teeth are nice! 

Thanks

6 hours ago, paulyb135 said:

Nice teeth and welcome to the forum! 

We all have to start from somewhere! I got the bug of collecting theropod teeth (you can view my post in member collections page) and haven’t looked back since! 

Thanks will do!

10 hours ago, Troodon said:

Let me add if you're around for the 2019 show be glad to point out where to purchase teeth from sellers that do not have an web presence and are the sources for many web sites.

Yea I’ll be there this year. If all goes well I’ll be moving back out west at the end of the year. 

Would love to meet new people/vendors. I stuck to the 22nd st show the yr prior. 

• 5 weeks later...

ngbOZa.jpg

9BYeQ1.jpg

Finally got my first North American theropod tooth. Tyrannosaur species. Believed to be Albertosaurus. Around 1 5/8”. Judith River fm

Archived