jwalker

Sharks and Geologic Time Table

jwalker

Does anyone know where I can find on the web a chart or table that lists shark species versus geologic time? I have searched but just can't find one. It would also be helpful if the table would show lineage as is presently believed to be accurate.

Thanks!

Fossildude19

This is the closest thing I could find. 

Elasmo.com

jwalker

Thanks! This is good. What would be nice now is to have the time periods of various sharks to put up against this. By chance do you know of a reference for that?

Jamie

Fossildude19

Unfortunately, I do not. :( 

Sorry. 

jwalker

Gotcha. Thanks!

siteseer
On 6/13/2018 at 2:37 AM, jwalker said:

Does anyone know where I can find on the web a chart or table that lists shark species versus geologic time? I have searched but just can't find one. It would also be helpful if the table would show lineage as is presently believed to be accurate.

Thanks!

It's not on the web but there is something like what you're looking for in Bretton Kent's book, "Fossil Sharks of the Chesapeake Bay Region" (Egan Rees & Boyer, Inc.,1994) on pages 116-120.  It applies to Late Cretaceous-Pleistocene sharks of that area.

It could break the internet if someone tried to post a chart that accounted for all known sharks across the world and geologic time.