Venice beach Siesta key help

cfin1974

Hello.  I am going to Florida this summer.  I am going to go to Venice Beach and Siesta Key for the day.  I am going to bring my sifter with me.  Any tips on where to go while I am there.  Looking to find some nice sharks teeth.  Id'd love to find a nice Mako, Great White or even a Megalodon.  Thanks for your help,  Chris

Well good luck. Head south down Venice beach to the park and the shore. You’ll find more teeth in the rocks where less people go. It’s a bit of a walk but worth it if you come across a great white or even a nice Tiger.

good luck show pictures of what you find..

7EA81F23-57F5-4B65-B697-DA6D893EF3D1.jpeg

For beach hunting if you want to up your chance at a better hunt I would walk as far as you can away from the public beach you park at. You can find teeth from nokomis beach to Englewood beach. In between Englewood beach and manasota beach there’s a few mile stretch of beach that you have to walk as it’s homes and condos and you can’t park. There’s a park in the middle too that you could head north or south from. It seems to get less pressure down here than Venice and caspersons beach. Good luck:)

• I found this Informative 1

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

I like casperson beach, though have not tried Englewood. It is devoid of human development!!!! My kind of beach. If you sift in the shell debris right where that little drop off (1 ft) happens along shore, it will not take long to find some teeth. They are often water worn a bit. I like the $19 flea rakes they sell in Walmart better than a sifter. Once you scoop up the shell debris along that drop off, dump it out just where the waves can wash it a bit. The teeth for some reason show up and the shells  wash away.If you look inland from the beach, there are some tiny teeth that are sitting on the surface of the exposed sand that are pristine. Lots of tortoise digs bring up new material which after a rain, show the teeth well. You are not allowed to dig inland!! And it depends on who is working as to whether they say it is ok to surface collect. Usually they tell me just don't dig.  

Mike