Fossil Id. Shark Tooth And Possible Dolphin Tooth?

Original Ryan

I found these 2 fossils when using a brand new mask and snorkel in the Suwanee river. First time find a fossil, was not even looking for them when i found the first one. Found within 10 min of each other. Thanks for any help

Ryan

post-2132-1250894222_thumb.jpg

one is a piece of turtle shell and the other is a shark tooth which kinds I am not sure someone should be able to tell you.

Well is it at least an old piece of turtle shell.

Well, it's pretty colored-up, which means it's not brand new, but how old is tough to determine (the water in some of those rivers is so full of minerals that it doesn't take millions of years for things to look like that). The shark's tooth looks like it's from some kind of "sand-tiger", and it's plenty old.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Cool, thanks for the help. now i want to go back and check some more. Might be in the process or creating a new obsession here. The wife will love it