Beautiful Texas Tooth

sharko69

Went on a hunt with my son this past weekend. Had a friend join us for part of the day. We hit a part of the creek that does not get hit too hard. Was just telling her that I had found some large partial Cretodus earlier in this spot when she tells me she found a great tooth. She wasn’t kidding. Best tooth I have seen all year. 

C597D79B-C07A-47C7-AEA2-334EA024F40F.jpeg

Looks like you had a great day/weekend!  VERY nice teeth!  Now...I have a question...are those wild ferns in the background in the first picture?  Love the tarantula!  It looks like it just moulted.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

The teeth are great, and so is the tarantula!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Excellent finds and that first one is totally awesome. Congratulations. Thanks for sharing them with us.

9 hours ago, Fruitbat said:

Now...I have a question...are those wild ferns in the background in the first picture?  

They are quite tame actually.  We were able to come right up to them and pet their frones.

Some of them ate directly out of our hands. 

Nice report and finds! :) 

Thanks for posting.

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Looks like just about every item you posted would be a "day maker" in my book. Well done!

That top tooth is sweeeeet:yay-smiley-1:congrats!

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

50 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Awesome haul! What are all those little things in the second pic?

shark teeth.

Nice finds!

Your daughter made a great find!

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

21 hours ago, Fruitbat said:

Looks like you had a great day/weekend!  VERY nice teeth!  Now...I have a question...are those wild ferns in the background in the first picture?  Love the tarantula!  It looks like it just moulted.

-Joe

Thanks. Not sure on the ferns. Now you are going to make me look next time. The spider is a trapdoor spider I believe , not a tarantula. Most tarantulas I have seen here are brown and furry, though I do not claim to be a spider expert.

10 hours ago, Andy B said:

Awesome haul! What are all those little things in the second pic?

Those are Ptychodus teeth. We have had the eye for them lately.

9 hours ago, ynot said:

shark teeth.

Nice finds!

Your daughter made a great find!

Wish it was my daughter. Our freind found it. We were happy for her. That is her son holding the tooth in the picture. 

Archived