On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:51 AM, caldigger said:

Wondering...can you park your vehicle elsewhere and walk to the site?

The GW shark site I have dug in ( even though right next to the highway) I have to park about 3/4 of a mile away and walk to it.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, Peat Burns said:

Wear a hi-vis vest and a hard hat and generally dress like a construction worker. Very effective in convincing people you belong there.

Thanks for the advice.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:43 AM, WhodamanHD said:

Very nice! 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, GordonC said:

Fine assortment and preservation, Jeff.  And appreciate the Id's for future reference.

Macropluera macropluera is found in the upper 5' of the Kalkberg (Rickard 1962).

Gordon

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:32 AM, Shamalama said:

Great finds Jeff! I hope that Phacops logani turns out to be complete.  BTW, Discomyorthis oblata was the name of my album of dance music from the 70's. 

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:40 PM, FossilSniper said:

Simply superb! I have never seen anything like that unidentified stem! Splendid, splendid, splendid.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:27 PM, DrDave said:

Really beautiful finds!!

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, frankh8147 said:

Nice stuff Jeff!

Thanks everybody. I appreciate the support.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:42 PM, Darktooth said:

Excellent finds Jeff! 

Thanks Dave.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 1:59 PM, erose said:

Over the years I tried that at two interstate localities. At one the exposure was far enough back from the road that no one seemed to notice me. At the other, much closer to the road, a trooper pulled over and said he was getting calls about someone wandering along the highway on foot. I never went near the road but folks still called me in. Trooper was nice enough but I still had to leave.  

Thanks for sharing Erich. Sounds like your story was similar. 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, FossilDAWG said:

Fenestrate bryozoans can be found as far back as the Ordovician.  Archimedes is characterized by a screw-like central axis, and it is only found in the Carboniferous as far as I know.

Don

Thanks for the info., but we still don't know what the mystery fossil is. I appreciate your efforts.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:34 AM, Monica said:

Great finds!!!  I especially like the piece with the brachiopod and the Tentaculites - two fossils for the price of one! :dinothumb::P

Most of the rocks had multiple specimens. On the back of the rock with the gastropods is a trilobite pygidium.