My Fossil Room Formally Inaugurated!

Dpaul7

I have formally set up my fossil collection room! The cats are forbidden to enter, as they get fur on everything and they like to knock things off of shelves.

I need a bookcase for my references, and a few other touches, but all in all I am happy with the results!

IMG_8715.JPG

IMG_8716.JPG

IMG_8717.JPG

IMG_8718.JPG

IMG_8719.JPG

IMG_8720.JPG

IMG_8722.JPG

IMG_8723.JPG

Glad to see it in it’s full glory, Awesome!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Very nice displays! I cant wait to have an entire room dedicated to my fossil collection one day. Can we get a close up of that tooth and where'd you find it? Looks like a nice specimen!

Looks like a great collection very nice indeed . I wish I had a fossil room and I think Mrs Rico would be happy with not seeing  every day them dusty old rocks  in her lounge too.

6 hours ago, ToothMan said:

Very nice displays! I cant wait to have an entire room dedicated to my fossil collection one day. Can we get a close up of that tooth and where'd you find it? Looks like a nice specimen!

Which tooth?  I have many... but here is the Mammoth tooth... from Nebraska!

Mammuthus columbi Mammoth tooth 1.JPG

Mammuthus columbi Mammoth tooth 2.JPG

Mammuthus columbi Mammoth tooth 3.JPG

Mammuthus columbi Mammoth tooth 4.JPG

Mammuthus columbi Mammoth tooth 5.JPG

Mammuthus columbi Mammoth tooth 6.JPG

Mammuthus columbi Mammoth tooth 7.JPG

10 hours ago, Fruitbat said:

Very nice!  I have the same problem with my cats...love them to death but they ARE rough on fossils!

-Joe

One of the reasons mine are outside cats.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Well done! Wish I had my own specialized fossil room.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Archived