Please help ID? Tooth or tusk?

Mynewlife

Hi I am curious to see what this may possibly be... found just off the savannah river on the Georgia coast. It appears to be either a tooth or tusk of some kind, solid on one end, appears to be somewhat hollow on the other.  Also any thoughts on the couple of items in the immediate background would also help.  I've been fossil hunting about three years but still have so much to learn.  I believe one is small gator tooth, a possible snake vert., a Glyptodon scute, and maybe another small tooth of some sort (or just n interesting stone, but appears to have small root,  may be difficult since so small in the pics. Any help is so much appreciated. All found in same area today, close to dredging areas not too far away.  Thanks! 

IMG_4283.JPG

IMG_4282.JPG

Has the shape of a horse incisor but I’m thinking it’s possibly  a rodent of some sort too. Someone with more knowledge will be along shortly I’m sure:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Equus tooth, that's also my first idea.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

Try to compare.

slide_8.jpg.8f7ebb6ec9f5f9c13540fc28809e1686.jpg

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Not horse incisor . . . it appears to me to be a capybara incisor.  Horse incisor roots compress laterally toward the base, while capybara (and beaver) tooth roots do not narrow.

http://pristis.wix.com/the-demijohn-page

What seest thou else

In the dark backward and abysm of time?

---Shakespeare, The Tempest

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2018 at 5:40 PM, Mynewlife said:

Thanks to all!!

I found a similar tooth... Note the half moon shape with little narrowing towards the base..  Mine unfortunately is broken.

Nice find. I rarely find them in my hunting grounds...IMG_1671.jpg.d798d0d960f6f601298993a9bad13f51.jpgIMG_1670capybara.jpg.45f8d3c6574eccb416f2e4051dae0241.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Archived