Huge hemipristis?

musicallymade

From what I have seen of other hemi teeth, they generally aren't much bigger than 2". But this really looks like those, only much bigger. Any ideas? 

20180615_235602.jpg

This isn't a Hemi. It is either a Chub or a Meg lower lateral, probably a Meg. The age/where it came from will help.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

My dad used to pour concrete and found it just before pouring a job in Va. This was when I was small and he has since passed away, so unfortunately that's all the info I have on it. Other than he

supposedly showed it to a friend who worked at the smithsonian who told him to hang onto it because it was rare. (I say supposedly because my brother likes to fabricate stories and exaggerate lol) Doesn't look like a chub to me, but I agree maybe meg..

20180616_000528.jpg

7 minutes ago, musicallymade said:

My dad used to pour concrete and found it just before pouring a job in Va. This was when I was small and he has since passed away, so unfortunately that's all the info I have on it. Other than he

supposedly showed it to a friend who worked at the smithsonian who told him to hang onto it because it was rare. (I say supposedly because my brother likes to fabricate stories and exaggerate lol) Doesn't look like a chub to me, but I agree maybe meg..

20180616_000528.jpg

That's a nice and large tooth, especially for a lower lateral! Some Chubs can have very diminished cusplets, so that's why there's a chance this may be a Chub. But there is definitely a greater chance of this being a Meg, especially because of the total absence of cusplets.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

That is an epic meg, the serrations are pretty perfect for the most part. 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

17 minutes ago, Bone guy said:

And he found it while pouring concrete :D 

And this is why everybody should haul a cement mixer with them on hunts.  You know, to better your chances of a great find.

Beautiful tooth and hemis occasionally get to 2 inches plus but that’s the upper end from what I’ve seen. Here’s the largest I’ve found at a shade over 2.

B29AF4D8-EAAE-4584-A44D-0EED41D7B762.jpeg

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

20 hours ago, caldigger said:

And it's a beauty Jeff!

Thank you Doren:)

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Archived