An Unusual Australian Pleistocene Prep

Jesuslover340

Almost done..

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Well, bed time for me. I’m not real sure what creature this came from. I don’t think it’s diprotodon.

It’s pretty twisted but I like how it is personally. It’s also heavy for its size compared to most fossils we find.

A couple pieces we may try and attach but unsure if we will or not.

Cheers,

Troy and Skye.

A34AE18F-F4CB-4003-AF8A-3A79A8CA78B3.png

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Turned out well, I wonder what it is. :popcorn:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thank you for sharing from the beginning, thru the prep, to final result.  Plus kudos to the photographer,  excellent angles and closeups filling the screen.

Almost there with you :popcorn:

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

So it’s now thought to be an Euowenia species. The teeth are a little different to Diprotodon (shallower angle, sorta a hook to the tops of the teeth). Will have to find out when a few more people offer there thoughts on ID.

Euowenia was a fair bit smaller than Diprotodon optatum, and was thought (not confirmed) to be more of a foresty dweller.

A6FDD215-3FDA-4486-86E7-F35E90246486.png

BFF19C95-EE03-4E39-A120-331599234793.png

This was quite the project and made for a most interesting thread.  A really cool fossil too!

RB

This will be our last prep thread, sorry lads and ladies.

A smashing fossil. I’m gonna miss the Aussie prep threads, always learned something new.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived