Brownies riker

Miocene_Mason

I could be doing other things, but it’s the first weekday off school, and I wanted to do something Fossil related. So, I took some of the my favorite self-collected brownies teeth and put them into a riker. The riker originally held a composite Carcharodontosaurus, which meant a lot of empty space, so I moved it into storage until I can get a better case for it. So what do you guys think?

key:

Top row-Hemis, including a patho, a white one, and a lighting struck one

middle group: Cows, all Bluntnose sevengill (Notorynchus Primigenus/cepedianus) , including my symphyseal.

bottom left: Carcharodon hastilis teeth 

bottome right: Fragalodons

last picture is one inch scale.

9A0D1B25-3590-4425-9E5B-38FBF8948BD0.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

2DB71A75-5529-4C7B-B064-F9102E848F21.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Yeah, neat display :)

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

10 minutes ago, ynot said:

Nice display.

Love the hexanchus teeth.

Thanks! I made an error which I will edit, I forgot the scientific name,they are Notorynchus teeth.

Happy hunting,

Mason

37 minutes ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

Yeah, neat display :)

Thanks!

Happy hunting,

Mason

3 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Thanks! I made an error which I will edit, I forgot the scientific name,they are Notorynchus teeth.

I can never tell which is what anyways.:hearty-laugh:

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

2 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

I will start the bidding at $20!:D

Going once, twice, and sold! Once you make the twenty dollar payment, I will send you the picture immediately!:P

Happy hunting,

Mason

3 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Going once, twice, and sold! Once you make the twenty dollar payment, I will send you the picture immediately!:P

:ighappy:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Amazing collection! Looks great in the riker. I have done something similar with my teeth this weekend!

5d738606eab6e_2018-11-1322_54_57-Greenshot-newlogo.png

4 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

Amazing collection! Looks great in the rikter. I have done something similar with my teeth this weekend!

Thanks! I’m thinking of doing similar things with other sorts of fossils, especially Shark vertebrae, cetecean caudal verts, and the more common Miocene teeth. Once those are done, I’ll move on to the Paleocene stuff. I wonder how much the cases cost? I’ve only had them come with things. Anyway, I keep an eye out for yours!

Happy hunting,

Mason

15 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Thanks! I’m thinking of doing similar things with other sorts of fossils, especially Shark vertebrae, cetecean caudal verts, and the more common Miocene teeth. Once those are done, I’ll move on to the Paleocene stuff. I wonder how much the cases cost? I’ve only had them come with things. Anyway, I keep an eye out for yours!

I will DM you a few places you can buy them including one place I saw today being advertised on facebook however it's probably better to search around more as there will be other cheaper places to buy them for sure! 

I find these rikers can really help to save space. My failed attempt below at organising my collection a little. It's still a work in progress as my collection expands but they are really useful.  I literally spent a good few hours throwing away boxes today. 

20180618_133532crop.jpg

18 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

find these rikers can really help to save space. My failed attempt below at organising my collection a little. It's still a work in progress as my collection expands but they are really useful.  I literally spent a good few hours throwing away boxes today. 

I find myself doing the same, I hope that I can organize my collection over the summer. :fingerscrossed:

Happy hunting,

Mason

22 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Very nice my favorites are the Notorynchus teeth.  I use rikers for all my dino  and shark teeth, they are great and the different thickness accomodate megs or cow shark teeth.   Not cheap 

I’ve come to like the Cow shark teeth as well. Funny how they start popping up once you get an eye for them. 

I agree, they seem to be the gold standard for presentation and organization. They aren’t very cheap, but they seem necessary so I might get a few every now and then.

Thanks for the advice and the suppliers!

Happy hunting,

Mason

19 minutes ago, Jaimin013 said:

I find these rikers can really help to save space. My failed attempt below at organising my collection a little. It's still a work in progress as my collection expands but they are really useful.  I literally spent a good few hours throwing away boxes today. 

20180618_133532crop.jpg

Very nice youre getting there.  Rikers are very difficult to obtain in the UK but its the way to go.

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Very nice display. Good work.

Thanks!

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, JohnBrewer said:

Great display Mason!

Thanks John! I’ve been setting some teeth aside to send you and have been meaning to send them to you, I keep forgetting. Hopefully I’ll get to that soon!

Happy hunting,

Mason

Along with several different rikers I use these gem displays also. Haven’t found a person stateside that sells these yet but I really really love these

6BC9F7A2-C9C9-47D5-8985-0CF262EE3B0D.jpeg

3 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I could be doing other things, but it’s the first weekday off school, and I wanted to do something Fossil related. So, I took some of the my favorite self-collected brownies teeth and put them into a riker. The riker originally held a composite Carcharodontosaurus, which meant a lot of empty space, so I moved it into storage until I can get a better case for it. So what do you guys think?

key:

Top row-Hemis, including a patho, a white one, and a lighting struck one

middle group: Cows, all Bluntnose sevengill (Notorynchus Primigenus/cepedianus) , including my symphyseal.

bottom left: Carcharodon hastilis teeth 

bottome right: Fragalodons

last picture is one inch scale.

9A0D1B25-3590-4425-9E5B-38FBF8948BD0.jpeg

Love those notorynchus!!!

cant wait till October comes around so I can go back to the Cliffs 

6 minutes ago, Woopaul5 said:

Love those notorynchus!!!

cant wait till October comes around so I can go back to the Cliffs 

Thanks! Perhaps I’ll see you out on the cliffs!

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived