Brownies riker

Miocene_Mason

12 minutes ago, Woopaul5 said:

Along with several different rikers I use these gem displays also. Haven’t found a person stateside that sells these yet but I really really love these

Those are nice, I’ve got 4 small ones that I’ve used for tiny things. I’m saving up for one of those map drawers, hoping I can find one cheap at a garage sale sometime. Rather nice collection you got there by the way!

one CM scale, for those who want to know, clockwise from top left: self collected triakis sp. Paleocene, self prepped Rhaetian Severnicthys sp (in matrix found by John Brewer), Trichurides sp. Eocene of Virginia (bought), Thecacampsia sp. Paleocene (self-collected).

1BDC1839-B520-4537-9CDE-DA728F6F0D6B.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I found mine on Etsy actually. It had water damage so it was an affordable antique. Just keep checking Craigslist and FB market place. There’s seems to be a few in NY and central PA if you’re willing to make the drive 

• I found this Informative 1

Nice display but I just have to ask which of the hemis is pathological? Please describe its patho features. I would greatly appreciate that information Thanks

14 minutes ago, fossilnut said:

Nice display but I just have to ask which of the hemis is pathological? Please describe its patho features. I would greatly appreciate that information Thanks

This one I believe, it’s root is smaller on the one side and the enamel has a strange curve on that side which you can’t see in this picture, I’ll see if I can get one tomorrow. Perhaps due to crowding? I’m not especially knowledgeable on pathos and only have a few.

4C8DCC95-7746-4348-9EFB-012E837EC432.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thanks for the description. I look forward to seeing the other side. I want to learn more to be able to recognize pathology. Interesting theory of overcrowding.

2 hours ago, fossilnut said:

Thanks for the description. I look forward to seeing the other side. I want to learn more to be able to recognize pathology. Interesting theory of overcrowding.

I remember a thread about pathological megs that had a paper attached, I’ll PM it to you if I can find it. Here is the patho side:

05C9F481-6B10-42F9-B7B7-5FE2140304DF.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I remember a thread about pathological megs that had a paper attached, I’ll PM it to you if I can find it. Here is the patho side:

05C9F481-6B10-42F9-B7B7-5FE2140304DF.jpeg

Great picture! I see the unusual curve on the edge. Thanks for taking the time to post.

18 minutes ago, fossilnut said:

Great picture! I see the unusual curve on the edge. Thanks for taking the time to post.

No problem:)

Happy hunting,

Mason

20180619_153347-min-min.thumb.jpg.ab92238bd9d4f2e7c3d4707674045f5d.jpgNice collection! I have a suggestion to make your riker look equally nice, take an old shirt you never use anymore and cut out a square a little bigger than the foam plate under the shark teeth, and then overlap the shirt cut out on the foam and tuck in the extra pieces underneath it. Here's what mine looks like:

Edited by RyanDye
Mispelling

rydysig.JPG