Looking to start collecting Micro Fossils

Dan 1000

Hello everyone,

I have been collecting fossils for almost two years now but even incthis short period of time I have amassed a large collection. Unfortunately bringing home slabs of rock home atleast a couple times a month starts to fill up the house and does not bode well with my parents. Still being 15 I do not have a lot of space for the fossils so my dad and I have started cleaning through the garage soughting through the large slabs. To also tackle the storage peoblem I have started collecting smaller fossils (Shells, teeth, etc) and have now taken an interest in micro fossils. There is a couple sites in Victoria and South Australia where you can collect micro fossils (Small gastropods, bivalves, echinoids) but I am looking to buy some micro vertebrate fossil matrix. I have been looking around a couple places and have found a store with some good reviews (D and D Fossils). Is there any other places I should check out? Also I am happy to trade for micro fossil matrix if any one is interested. :P

Thanks,

Daniel

1 hour ago, GeschWhat said:

A lot of forum members trade or sell micro fossil matrix. You should try posting this under Member-to-Member Fossil Sales and/or Member Fossil Trades. Micro fossils are addictive...BEWARE! :D 

You would likely get a much better quantity and selection of areas dealing with members.

P.S. its never too late to collect poop!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Next time I get out I’ll see if I can collect a bag or two of matrix for you. The Aquia formation in well known for its micro, hopefully I can get out there at some point this summer.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

@WhodamanHD Thank you very much for yout offer.

If you like, I could trade you some stuff as well for the matrix. (Urchins, shells, bone fragments and even a fossil lobster I have for trade.)

Thanks,

Daniel

1 minute ago, DanKurek said:

@WhodamanHD Thank you very much for yout offer.

If you like, I could trade you some stuff as well for the matrix. (Urchins, shells, bone fragments and even a fossil lobster I have for trade.)

Thanks,

Daniel

No problem, happy to share it. From one TFF 15 year old to another btw

I know Australia is pretty tough on their fossil exporting laws, I’m not sure I want to mess with that. Besides, the matrix is easy to collect, worst part is the drive! Once your there, you just scoop it up. I’ll PM you when I’ve got the Matrix

Mason

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

I have some Rattle Snake Creek matrix that I received from another member. You have wombats in your area, correct? I will trade you some of that if you can send me some nice dry cube shaped wombat poo. Send me a PM if you are interested and I will send you some paraloid to treat them with.

On 6/19/2018 at 8:53 PM, WhodamanHD said:

Next time I get out I’ll see if I can collect a bag or two of matrix for you. The Aquia formation in well known for its micro, hopefully I can get out there at some point this summer.

Would you mind getting an extra bag for me? :ptero:

25 minutes ago, Wolf52893 said:

Would you mind getting an extra bag for me? :ptero:

Sure! I was going to comment on your topic, I forgot. I’m HOPING to get out on Saturday. I’ll get a bucket or two, wash off the sand so it’s just gravel and fossils, and put it into bags for you two. 

Happy hunting,

Mason

6 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Sure! I was going to comment on your topic, I forgot. I’m HOPING to get out on Saturday. I’ll get a bucket or two, wash off the sand so it’s just gravel and fossils, and put it into bags for you two. 

Sounds fun, thanks a lot.

Archived