Rattlesnake Creek

KovachKlan

Beautiful day on Rattle Snake creek today in Gainesville,FL! :) Took 2 of our daughters for a couple hours! I believe the bigger tooth is crocodile! But if I am not accurate, please let me know!

P_20180619_185843_LL.jpg

P_20180619_185758_LL.jpg

Great haul! I believe that tooth is croc or gator. Can you take a closeup of that tooth alone?

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Please separate the piece in question and provide several angles (sides, back and ends) with a scale.

This will help much in getting an id.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Congrats on all your finds. Rattlesnake is likely one of the few sites in Florida not under 8 feet of water.

There are few croc fossil teeth in florida compared to gator.  Florida Croc looks like this: Note lots of longitudinal lines.

crocodileFlorida.jpg.d6f03261d8c9c26dd21fd56bffeed1d6.jpg

Gator has one Carina on each side , like this. I think that you have gator. Nice find!!!

GatorTFF.JPG.f16b414df843440c157927f2ebdc6b8c.JPG

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Nice gator tooth:dinothumb:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived