Two Ediacaran Species Named For Obama and Sir David Attenborough

Heteromorph

That's rather cool :) Congrats to both of them, it's quite an honour to have a genus named after you. Didn't Obama also have a fossil lizard named after him? Something like Obamadon, right? Thanks for informing us 'bout this!

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

37 minutes ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

That's rather cool :) Congrats to both of them, it's quite an honour to have a genus named after you. Didn't Obama also have a fossil lizard named after him? Something like Obamadon, right? Thanks for informing us 'bout this!

He also has a Hawaiian fish named after him, it was found in an underwater sanctuary created by him. 

Ever since I was very small (my mother says 2 years old) I’ve watched Attenboroughs documentaries. They will always hold a special place in my heart. Thanks for sharing!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived