Shark Tooth Hunting in Florida on the Roads (Again)

Cris

We got out for another dirt road hunt here in Florida the other day which turned out to be pretty successful. We found a few nice little teeth, some with matrix still attached (which I love). It was HOT outside, though! We had to leave the AC and vehicle running, then just hop out anywhere that looked good and shoot right back to the vehicle. It had to be in the 90s, but with the humidity, the heat index definitely made it feel even hotter...We also had a dodge a nasty little thunderstorm which is typical for Florida when it's that hot outside.

For those of you who don't want to watch a vid, here's a snap from it showing some of the shark teeth:

vlcsnap-2018-06-20-13h12m43s195.png

youtube-logo-png-46031.png

Great finds!! I wish we had some dirt roads like that in California... :D

"Fossils have richer stories to tell about the lub-dub of dinosaur life than we have been willing to listen to." - Robert T. Bakker

Awesome finds, bet that one meg would be perfect with a little glue. You should see the millipedes we find up here while fossil hunting! 

CE37BAD1-A4B4-48F0-A372-92C98BC08374.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Hey Criss,

Nice video and finds. Thanks for the show.

I would not use a key to dig as they tend to brake when used as a lever. You should use a small screwdriver for digging in that gravel.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

• 6 months later...

I was just watching this video lastnight and here it is on tff. Love the YouTube videos, you guys are tearing it up down there! Wish we had to dodge megs and benedenis here on our canadian roads! Keep up the solid work, I will continue to live vicariously through you guys while I wait out this cold, frozen winter lol. Peace!